Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thing #21

This podcasting exercise is one I'd like to retake during the summer staff development sessions. I like the idea, but I couldn't really find anything useful to put in a school-related blog. I DID find a cute "morning radio show-type" team called 2 Guys Named Joe, and their segment on The Joy of Flikr was really funny and useful. They talked about how much more beneficial and space saving it was than sending multiple emails with tons of pictures to family and friends. They also talked about setting some pictures to private, the commenting option, the ability to resize images and order prints, creating groups, etc. The trouble was that it was really long--I mean reaaaaaaaaally long. I was afraid it would take up too much bandwidth or whatever. (Did I actually use that word?) I couldn't get Podcast.net to open, and I liked Podcast Alley's sections like Top 10 for January, 5 Newest Podcasts, and 5 Featured Podcasts to give someone new like me a place to start. It just seemed like there was more musical content than anything else. I added a podcast to this post just to see if I could. It's not something I'm in love with, though. I whole-heartedly admit, I need much more work in this area.

No comments: