Saturday, January 5, 2008

Thing #11

LibraryThing has been one of my favorite challenges so far! Instead of adding five books, I listed 25 just off the top of my head! I wish I had made tags along the way because now it will be tedious to go back and do that (if I do). I can see this being a useful tool in a school library because so many students ask for recommendations. By clicking on my LibraryThing catalog, students can see book jackets, ratings, summaries and tags to help them find suitable materials. It could also help with collection development (personal or school) by looking at other librarians' catalogs!

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=dustyshelf&shelf=shelf

2 comments:

mmw said...

Great idea!

swanked said...

That is a great idea for using Library Thing. I really liked this site and look forward to using it with my students.