Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing #20

I chose this YouTube video after an English teacher at my school told me about it. Quite clever to connect Harry Potter with The Giver! It was really easy to apply to my blog, too. I expected it to be more complicated.

Some features on YouTube I like are the star ratings, the counter showing the number of viewings, the What's Showing Now feature, and the comments opportunity. There's a lot of information on this site, and I think you can find a video on just about anything! The search was easy and gave me more than I could ever imagine about any subject I typed in. The "librarians" search proved to be quite interesting--ranging from educational to silly to very raunchy! Those were NOT filmed in MY library!

I can see where movie trailers, author interviews and readings, library facility tours, and literacy promotions can be used constructively on a library website. Students would love this technology, especially since they are so familiar with it. I've seen quite a bit on several kids' My Space pages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to look and see who I have for a friend on myspace. I bet you didn't know that I have dj friends.