Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thing #16

I liked everything about this exercise! I finally got the answer to a question I was unable to verbalize until today. What's the difference between a blog and a wiki and which is better? When the tutorial explained that the difference is communication vs. collaboration, it was like a lightbulb coming on. As far as one being better than the other??? It just depends on the situation and the need.

The tutorials and videos were simple to follow but not made in a condescending tone. I copied and pasted three of my ideas in the sandbox and didn't even have to pay my children to help me do it! When technology is this doable for a technofobe like me, it makes it so much easier to try new things! I can see a middle school library wiki in our future, ladies! Think about comparing and creating lists for book orders, changes in periodicals subscriptions, and a graphic novel must-have list before our summer book order is due!

2 comments:

blondie said...

I like the idea of the book order wiki. It would save us all a lot of time but we would end up with a great list of books!

Midnight said...

Yes, please get that book order wiki set up for us. We can all contribute instead of trying to creating our orders alone.