Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing #2

The hardest thing about learning new technology for me is making it a habit! I often don't utilize "the next new thing" often enough to make it a habit. Therefore, I think my greatest weakness in the 7 1/2 Habits is #4, having confidence in myself as a confident and effective learner. It has been said that it takes doing something 21 times in order to make it a habit. 21 times!?!?!?! Maybe once my confidence rises, I'll be able to eliminate some of those !?!?!? signs.

Being a former classroom teacher, I think I will find Habit #7 a strength. I can remember having to teach grammar rules that I was never taught, and only by explaining them over and over and through different strategies and methods did I finally understand the "what" and "why" of the concepts. Who will be the subject of my mentoring? I don't have a clue. I can start out by showing my daughters and husband what I am doing. Maybe when I feel more confident, I will share with others. If anyone dares to ask for my help, the test will begin. :)

1 comment:

The Loud Librarian said...

You will find that your daughters and husband make for a great audience. I am finding that my nine year old knows much more than I do, and is able to help me when I get stuck.